Forum

New Refill Rule
Ryan wrote
at 6:31 PM, Monday April 21, 2008 EDT
Just wanted to post a note that soon a new refill rule will be added. The rule restricts refills to one every ten minutes like before. The difference is that it is IP based so it will apply to all of your accounts.

So if you reach your limit on one account, log out and log in to another account, you still won't be able to refill.

The reason for this change is to encourage better poker playing at the lower tables.

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 20 of 57 Next › Last »
coolchick wrote
at 8:21 PM, Monday April 21, 2008 EDT
I agree with snookered, if you want to run a membership drive, be open about it.

Youve got me, i'll have to join. Hopefully the boss will pay....you listening scroooge???

I like the anarchy of this site...the huffing and blowing from the purists...the antics of the loonies...the options for tactical play.

Please don't become too restrictive and boring. I can find heaps of boring poker sites. You were different and better.
fuzzy wrote
at 8:33 PM, Monday April 21, 2008 EDT
Genius!
Country Girl wrote
at 8:33 PM, Monday April 21, 2008 EDT
Ryan~~~I, for one, know this is not about memberships!!! If players want to join~they will! Also, maybe you should consider ONE account and then you would REALLY see the BEST players!!!!! And~I can almost guarantee~you will not lose that many players~ and~ if one leaves~5 will take his/her place! There are more smiley faces here than I've ever seen~but~is it new players or multiple accounts??????? The latter~I think! hahaahha Soooo, you did the right thing!!:)
NutzKiller wrote
at 8:47 PM, Monday April 21, 2008 EDT
what a kiss ass ^^
NutzKiller wrote
at 8:51 PM, Monday April 21, 2008 EDT
btw... i like this rule. Good doing Ryan
Backflip wrote
at 10:14 PM, Monday April 21, 2008 EDT
Ryan, your idea is only liked by your "old" (2006) players who already have almost 30 medals between them.What hope for the newbies?...little I think.

Bad idea!!
Reflex wrote
at 10:27 PM, Monday April 21, 2008 EDT
Crap plan. I like the 1500 tables.
Lei wrote
at 1:55 AM, Tuesday April 22, 2008 EDT
I think this is a very good move, I am sick of trying to play sensibly at the 25/50 tables only to have people constantly go all in.
xxx Lei.
odnexa1 wrote
at 1:58 AM, Tuesday April 22, 2008 EDT
good rule ...
Ryan wrote
at 8:20 AM, Tuesday April 22, 2008 EDT
The change isn't to drive memberships. There are plenty of people already becoming members. I'm very happen with memberships.

This is truly about more exciting poker. For poker to work with play money there needs to be some value to the chips. The previous 10 minute rule put some value on these chips for the lower tables. Most people followed this rule. Others have created many accounts and flip between them to get extra refills effectively bypassing the rule and devaluing the chips. The adjustment to the 10 minute refill rule should stop this and put everyone on the same playing field so to speak.
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary