Forum

Play High Tables!
Created wrote
at 11:24 PM, Wednesday January 3, 2024 EST
I'd like to encourage everyone to play some higher tables. My hope is that this will invigorate the site getting some new people to join or at least stay; to be more competitive; to encourage people to grow in their poker skills; and to foster a better social environment on the higher tables.

People have responded to this request with some of the following:

1. Social
- There are some great characters on this site. Gpokr is predominantly a social poker site. Ive personally made some friends on this site, shout out to Ramu the Great! among many others. Your presence at the higher tables increases the social value of the site making it more enjoyable.
- There are some arrogant and antagonistic players who many feel detract from the higher tables social environment. You could be part of the solution by simply joining and contributing to it. You can always simply mute (/mute Created) these players if they're bugging you.

2. Competitive Poker
- There are numerous styles of poker and skill levels. To play people more skilled than you provides opportunity to grow in skills. The aggressive players often make it higher on the ladder. This is a difficult way to play but often intimidates people. Rise to the challenge!
- It seems ludicrous to me that with the amount of medals so many of you regulars have that you're not aiming higher and challenging yourselves. This is just my opinion and respect that you will play how you play.
- I personally have found simply reading a few articles, which ill include links to at the bottom, to have been helpful in my game.

3. Tournaments:
- im told the site changed with the introduction of tournaments. The tournaments are fun, there is limited losses compared with tables in terms of risk/reward, a lot of fun characters play the tables. But, not to shame them, there are many who almost exclusively play tournaments. These regulars are decent gpokrers and enjoyable characters. Exclusively playing tournaments detracts from the site overall to some degree imo. The higher tables benefit from your presence.

4. LarsBar
- You get to play with this legend of the game who plays at they higher tables!
- Just look what I, as LarsBar's personal tutor, have helped him to accomplish.

Thanks Legends for reading my essay. Hope to see more of you at the higher tables...if I even get there myself.

Head 2 Head poker https://www.pokerprofessor.com/strategy/heads-up-poker-strategy

General strategy
https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/improve-at-texas-hold-em-poker-412242

Bluffing
https://www.cardschat.com/poker/strategy/bluffing/#:~:text=Raising%20from%20the%20blinds%20in,more%20susceptible%20to%20a%20bluff.

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
LarsBar wrote
at 2:03 PM, Thursday January 4, 2024 EST
I love living rent-free in your head! But all kidding aside, I appreciate the "legend" praise as long as it is legit and everyone understands that you are joking about being my "tutor" - that is TOO funny!!! You are for sure better at me at heads up at the high tables and your "scrappin' and trappin' style" definitely nickels and dimes me to death until I tilt and give you all my chips (death by 1,000 cuts?) but I'm learning to be more aggressive like you and others so in a way you guys who play this way are "teaching" me I guess? In the end, love playing you and agree that I wish more would play at the higher cash tables - GREAT post mate!
Created wrote
at 4:57 PM, Thursday January 4, 2024 EST
My head is the penthouse and you're bunking with Charlie Sheen baby!

You truly are a legend Lars, a staple of the game.
Zoidinator wrote
at 6:33 PM, Thursday January 4, 2024 EST
LarsBar: ok got to go. Time for my golden shower
lexluger wrote
at 9:01 PM, Saturday January 6, 2024 EST
The number of times created has been laid is -0.5 place your bets
Created wrote
at 6:36 PM, Wednesday January 10, 2024 EST
I hold my virginity in high regard Lex. I am a pure Cherubim.

Do you still have my IP address lex? Remember that time you said you'd come around after verbally eviscerating me for my noob poker and that we'd have a wrestle and I said id put the kettle on. Well, I actually made you dinner...and it got cold :( I thought we had something going there Lex. You cut me deep.
Zoidinator wrote
at 2:25 AM, Saturday February 10, 2024 EST
The real problem is atrazine in the food supply, dudes be having bigger tiddies than balls these days
GPokr - Free Texas Holdem Poker
GPokr is a free texas holdem poker game that is played in monthly competitions.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary